- The Yacht Rock Revival
- When: Saturday, August 22, at 7 p.m.
- Where: The Meadow of Piedmont Park and Park Tavern
- General admission
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- $49 for two tickets (up to $70 value)
- $69 for four tickets (up to $140 value)
- $99 for six tickets (up to $210 value)
Yacht Rock Revue
- What Yacht Rock Revue is: equal parts tribute act and polyester-hoarding comedy troupe
- What their musical professionalism has earned them: gigs with Weezer, Kid Rock, and John Oates
- Some of the guests for this show: Steve Augeri (the former frontman of Journey), Matthew Wilder (the New Wave sensation behind “Break My Stride”), and Robbie Dupree (the hitmaker of “Steal Away” fame)
- More guests to expect: Jeff Carlisi (of .38 Special), Elliot Lurie (of Looking Glass and “Brandy, You’re a Fine Girl”), Peter Beckett and Ronn Moss (of Player), and Walter Egan (of “Magnet and Steel”)
- Bands you’ll hear covered: Hall & Oates, Huey Lewis, Prince, Christopher Cross
- Sights you’ll see: the midtown Atlanta skyline towering behind the stage
- What to bring with you: a blanket to perch on, a captain’s hat to wear
The Park Tavern combines the historical grandeur of a century-old locale with the forward-thinking practices of a modern, eco-friendly restaurant. Some of the original woodwork and stone from its past life remains, chronicling the building's history as a horse stable in 1905, a golf clubhouse in 1928, and a space shuttle in 1969. The Tavern’s current layout contains an elegant events space, a dining room with an outdoor terrace, an ice-skating rink, and a live music and festival venue that features the annual Oyster Crawfish Festival.
Adopting green habits, the Tavern's owners developed a rainwater-recycling system to feed its plants and water its landscape, and switched to low-flow plumbing and LEED-certified hand dryers. Its concern for the environment extends to its menu as well: locally harvested ingredients and wild-caught fish support coastal communities and local farms while simultaneously ensuring each plate contains quality, eco-friendly fare. The lineup of dishes includes sushi rolls brimming with sashimi-grade Hawaiian tuna and meaty burgers bursting with fresh-ground Angus beef or great range bison, all of which can be paired with a house microbrew.