- $15 for one ticket to Yes & Toto 2015 Summer Tour (up to $36.65 value)
- When: Saturday, August 15, at 7:30 p.m
- Where: Freedom Hill Amphitheater
- General-admission lawn
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click to view the seating chart
- Founders: bassist Chris Squire and vocalist Jon Anderson
- Founded: 1969, making them the godfathers of the progressive-rock genre
- Current lineup: Squire, guitar wizard Steve Howe, savant drummer Alan White, keyboardist Geoff Downes, and lead vocalist Jon Davison
- What current lead vocalist Jon Davison shares with original singer Anderson, besides one name: a sweet, lilting tone that rises into the high notes as lightly as a bird catching a spring breeze
- Their sound: richly textured arrangements, virtuosic playing, and shimmering harmonies and chords, all paired with metaphysical lyrics
- Essential tracks: “I’ve Seen All Good People,” “Roundabout,” “Owner of a Lonely Heart,” “Close to the Edge”
- How you know Toto: they’re the classic pop-rock group behind the 1982 mega-smash “Africa”
- Where you’ve heard its members: Just about everywhere—founders David Paich and Jeff Porcaro met when they were two of the most sought-after session musicians in the business, working with artists including Michael Jackson, Elton John, and Steely Dan.
- Number of Grammys they’ve amassed since forming in 1977: 6
- Their latest release: 2015’s Toto XIV, which they consider their honorary 14th album, counting 1998’s compilation album, Toto XX
Freedom Hill Amphitheatre
14900 Metropolitan Pkwy.
Sterling Heights, MI 48312