What You'll Get
- $21 for one ticket for general-admission standing (up to $27.50 value)
- Click to view the venue layout
Yonder Mountain String Band
- Their sound: redefines the boundaries of bluegrass with rock and improvisational elements
- Their influences: everything from The Grateful Dead to punk rock
- Their unlikely origins Guitarist Adam Aijala points out that the band had never even heard bluegrass until their 20s. Before that, they all preferred punk.
- Need proof? Their 2015 album Black Sheep features a cover of The Buzzcocks’ “Ever Fallen in Love”
- Another seemingly unlikely fact about Black Sheep: Despite the band’s long career, it’s the first time they’ve ever recorded as a conventional bluegrass five-piece—guitar, mandolin, banjo, fiddle, and bass.
- The reason for the switch up: Following the departure of founding member Jeff Austin, the group expanded to include mandolinist Jacob Jolliff and violinist Allie Kral.
- G. Love & Special Sauce: With peppery rapping, intoxicating slide-guitar riffs, and foot-stomping harmonica jams, this popular Philly act gets audiences swaying and swiveling to the laid-back blues, funk, and eclectic hip-hop of hits such as “Cold Beverage” and “Baby’s Got Sauce.”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 16, 2017. Limit 8/person. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.