- $15 for reserved seating (up to $33.90 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
York Symphony Orchestra: Sibelius 150
- The Theme: a celebration of Finnish composer Jean Sibelius’ 150th birthday
- The Soloist: cellist Andrew Ascenzo
- The Highlights: Performances of Sibelius’ Symphony No. 2 as well as Finlandia, which was initially written to cap off a covert political rally against Russian censorship of the Finnish press and became wildly popular as an expression of nationalism in the face of oppression.
York Symphony Orchestra
Hailing from Ontario's most musical corners, the 70–80 players who make up the York Symphony Orchestra awaken stirring echoes of classical mastery during their annual concert seasons. The ensemble, many of whom are professional musicians, often share the stage with guest artists handpicked from around the globe and drumsticks stolen from Mötley Crüe’s dressing room.