What You'll Get
- $16 for one ticket for reserved seating (up to $33.90 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
- The Theme: This concert celebrates introspection and its ultimate contribution to some of the best expressive works in orchestral music.
- Notable Guests: Guest conductor Misha Roháč picks up the baton to lead the YSO, which gets a helping hand from rising-star violinist Wesley Bells.
- Program Highlight: Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No. 6 (Pathetique) created what he called a “limping waltz” in 5/4 time, which gives way to a full, triumphant march. In the end, however, the piece returns to the mournful and melancholy tone with which it began. Five days after conducting the premiere of this work, Tchaikovsky carelessly drank a glass of unboiled water, succumbing four days later to the cholera running rampant through St. Petersburg at the time.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 23, 2016. Limit 8/person. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. Disability seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About York Symphony Orchestra
Hailing from Ontario's most musical corners, the 70–80 players who make up the York Symphony Orchestra awaken stirring echoes of classical mastery during their annual concert seasons. The ensemble, many of whom are professional musicians, often share the stage with guest artists handpicked from around the globe and drumsticks stolen from Mötley Crüe’s dressing room.