All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Music is a force powerful enough to calm a baby, soothe a wild beast, or compel the two to dance with each other. Be overcome by this GrouponLive deal.
- C$15 for one ticket to see York Symphony Orchestra presents Musical Empires: Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-flat major, Emperor (up to C$33.90 value)
- When: Sunday, May 25, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts
- Seating: reserved
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
The value of this deal is based on regular ticket prices and doesn't reflect student or senior discounts.
- Beethoven—Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-flat major, Emperor: Beethoven's last piano concerto, and arguably his most well-known, grew out of war. In 1809 Austria was fending off Napoleon's France once again, and as the French artillery assaulted Vienna, Beethoven hid in the cellar of a friend's house with a pillow over his head to protect what little remained of his hearing. Months later, after regaining his concentration, he set to work on this piece, which undulates in three movements marked by a back and forth between piano and orchestra.
- Tchaikovsky—Symphony No. 5 in E minor: Though the composer announced, "I have come to the conclusion that it is a failure," after hearing his Fifth for the second time, much of the world would disagree. The four-movement symphony, which champions the idea of ultimate victory through strife, became exceedingly popular during WWII, has since appeared in ballets and films, and is even thought to have inspired John Denver's "Annie's Song."
York Symphony Orchestra
Hailing from Ontario's most musical corners, the 70–80 players who make up the York Symphony Orchestra awaken stirring echoes of classical mastery during their annual concert seasons. The ensemble, many of whom are professional musicians, often share the stage with guest artists handpicked from around the globe and drumsticks stolen from Mötley Crüe’s dressing room.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 25, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on 5/25 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects York Symphony Orchestra's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.