What You'll Get
- $49 for two tickets to see Zap Mama & Antibalas (up to $110 value)
- When: Friday, February 6, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Detroit Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts
- Seating: main floor
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
Zap Mama & Antibalas
- Headlining act: both of them, or neither—for the first time ever, the two groups will collaborate in one immersive live show
- Zap Mama’s sound: an eclectic chorus of female voices blending Afro-pop, hip-hop, and soul in polyphonic melodies
- Zap Mama’s mama: founder Marie Daulne, the Belgian artist who’s led the band through more than two decades and eight albums
- What Antibalas sounds like: if a ’70s American soul band married a jazz band in West Africa and honeymooned in the Caribbean
- Artists the band’s members have collaborated with: The Roots, Arcade Fire, David Byrne and St. Vincent
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 6, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Redeem for a ticket starting 1/21 at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Detroit Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Detroit Music Hall Center's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Detroit Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts
Built in 1928, Detroit Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts dazzles patrons with an ornate art-deco façade and lush Spanish Renaissance interior. Elegant columns, glittering chandeliers, and vibrant geometric patterns create a palatial atmosphere in the lobby. The auditorium's intimately arranged velvet seats leave every viewer within 70 feet of the stage, eliminating the need for binoculars or drawn-out games of telephone describing the onstage action.