- $22 for one G-Pass to ZZ Top & Jeff Beck (up to $34.80 value)
- When: Saturday, May 2, 2015, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
- General-admission lawn
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
ZZ Top & Jeff Beck
- How many years ZZ Top has been blasting blues-seared riffs: more than 40
- How many lineup changes the Texas trio has weathered in that time: zero
- The beards: Les Paul–wielding guitarist Billy Gibbons and bassist Dusty Hill
- The historically beardless: ironically, drummer Frank Beard
- The hits: “Sharp Dressed Man,” “Cheap Sunglasses,” “Legs,” “I Gotsta Get Paid”
- Where the last one comes from: their latest album, 2012’s Futura
- Jeff Beck’s position on Rolling Stone’s “100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time”: fifth
- His technique: using his fingers and the vibrato bar on his signature Fender Stratocaster
- Number of times he’s been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: twice
- The breakdown: one for his work with the Yardbirds, one for his solo work
- Number of Grammys he’s won: eight
- How well he juggles them: poorly
The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
True to its name, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion stands surrounded by a verdant forest. But that hasn’t kept the venue from adding some modern touches. In 2009, the Pavilion was renovated and expanded to include thousands of new seats, a larger canopy structure, and a state-of-the-art speaker system that makes everyone from the Houston Symphony to Van Halen sound superb.