People naturally feel romantic when they’re bathed in mood lighting, whether it’s the twinkle of fireflies, a full moon in a starry sky, or a slow, glowing flow of lava oozing through a downtown thoroughfare. Heat up the mood with today’s Groupon to Glenlaurel Scottish Inn in Rockbridge. Choose between the following options:
- For $179, you get a one-night weekday package for a Monday–Thursday night (a $363 total value). The package includes the following:
- One-night weekday stay in the Campbell or Macgregor room (a $189 value)
- A Glenlaurel bathrobe (a $149 value)
- A $25 Glenlaurel fine-dining credit
- For $269, you get one night toward a weekend stay, valid Friday–Sunday nights (a $552 total value). Customers booking Friday or Saturday night must stay for at least two nights. The package includes the following:
- One night of a weekend stay in the Campbell or Macgregor room (a $229 value)
- Two Glenlaurel bathrobes (a $298 value)
- A $25 Glenlaurel fine-dining credit<p>
An additional robe (a $149 value) will be provided if customers purchasing the weeknight-stay package book a second night stay. The dining credit is only valid during your stay.
At Glenlaurel, couples canoodle on 140-acre grounds and kindle romance on an estate replete with Scottish-inspired accommodations and luxurious amenities. Guests cozy up in the Campbell room, gently lit by sunlight filtered through stained-glass wildflower windows, or sink into the Macgregor room’s floral spread to admire wood elves hand-carved into the fireplace’s mantle by a local artist. Each room has a gas-log fireplace to keep queen beds toasty, as well as complimentary WiFi and private bathrooms with a two-person whirlpool tub inlaid in cream tiles among other amenities. The manor house hosts a complimentary full breakfast, and guests can use their $25 fine-dining credit to cover lunch for two or toward a candlelit six-course dinner ($49/person) or seven-course feast ($59/person). Sink fangs into dinners entrees such as seared duck breast in balsamic-plum sauce while sitting in an elegant dining hall filled with bagpipe tunes, poetry readings, and monocle-clad circus bears swathed in dinner-appropriate attire.
Glenlaurel is open only to adults, helping cultivate a serene, tranquil ambiance throughout the estate. Luxurious robes, hand-sewn with Glenlaurel’s logo, provide a memento of cozy evenings spent hiking in the Camusfearna Gorge or spotting deer practicing their backswing out on the links-style golf course.