Without dedicated bonding time, family members grow resentful of one another’s bad habits, such as cheating at Monopoly and warming socks in the toaster. Preserve familial unity with today’s Groupon to Global Winter Wonderland in Santa Clara from Friday, December 16 through Monday, January 2. Choose between the following options:
- For $14, you get a one-day festival outing for two, valid Monday–Thursday (up to a $28 value).
- For $14, you get a one-day festival outing for two, valid Friday–Sunday (up to a $28 value).
- For $34, you get a one-day festival outing for four, valid Monday–Thursday (up to a $68 value).
- For $34, you get a one-day festival outing for four, valid Friday–Sunday (up to a $68 value).
Entry for two includes the following:
- Two admissions (up to a $10 value each)
- Two 12-ounce sodas (a $4 value each)
Entry for four includes the following:
- Four admissions (up to a $10 value each)
- Four 12-ounce sodas (a $4 value each)
- Four ride tickets (a $3 value each)<p>
Children 3 and younger enter for free.
Amid festive neon structures and trees gleaming with multihued lights, Global Winter Wonderland unfurls a multitude of entertainment and family-friendly exhibits that replicate famed landmarks of the world, including the Eiffel Tower and the Taj Mahal. Festival-goers stroll through the elaborate archway of mini Chinatown toward a gargantuan dragon boat and lantern-dotted trees or pay a visit to Big Ben, London’s resident giant who tells time in a cockney accent. The virtual Golden Gate Bridge captivates onlookers with its luminescent glow, and Little Italy’s gondoliers whisk giddy boaters past twinkling fountains. Youngsters can explore Santa’s pile of presents and the Princess Palace in the holiday village, and visitors of all ages can shimmy to live performances by Ballet Folklórico de México, German polka dancers, and belly dancers.
Guests can refuel by sampling cuisine from all corners of the globe at the international pavilion. Fill up on the included 12-ounce soft drinks, exchange ride tickets for jaunts through jumpy houses, giant slides, and a holiday train in the Kids’ Fun Zone, or pick up eclectic gifts for difficult-to-shop-for cousins or pet armadillos in the global marketplace.
Global Winter Wonderland
From November 19 through January 8, Global Winter Wonderland will return to Cal Expo with new displays and entertainment. Guests can walk through giant, illuminated displays depicting Santa's Village, a land of toys, and an underwater world of jellyfish and mermaids. The holiday festival also features more than 30 family and thrill rides, international shopping and cuisine, and the Circus of Light, all of which enhance the festive atmosphere of the holiday celebration and make for a memorable holiday tradition for any family. The Circus of Light is included with admission.