What You'll Get
|_Jump to: Reviews||Globe Steaks_|
A ton of people love Globe, an open-late, industrial-looking eatery located at 290 Pacific Ave. in the Financial District. Today you can check out what they’re raving about: for $15, you get $30 worth of food from Globe’s eclectic menu, which has plenty of healthy entrees.
Quiet the angry voice inside you that demands ranch meats and exotic pizzas with the grilled Meyer Ranch bone-in ribeye (with grilled onions and potato gratin), the braised Niman Ranch lamb shoulder (with ruby crescent potatoes and artichokes), or one of Globe’s exotic pizzas, including pancetta and potato or wild mushroom and black truffle oil. Check out its Sunday Supper, which uses locally grown, seasonal ingredients.
Since Globe’s kitchen is open until 1 a.m., come late for an excellent post-show meal, meeting up with friends for a nightcap, or top-notch people watching (chefs and socialites dine late so there’s always a crowd).
- Globe, i havee [sic] been going there for years, it is as good today as it was ten years ago, if not better. I love to have the globe classics The Mesquite Grill Bone In New York Steak, the Mac and Cheese, the homemade spaghetti with tomato and basil, and all the great things that Chef Jason makes on the Farmers Market dinner on Sundays. – blunasi, Kudzu
- This place has consistently been a favorite of my since it opened. It is always offering up tasty offerings and keeps the menu fresh and new. Great vibe with the exposed brick walls and the staff is always friendly and knowledgeable. Another delicious meal!! – OpenTable User
- Five stars for the lamb entree, the late night hours and the service. I can’t talk to the rest of the menu because I can’t get past the lamb. Try the lamb and you’ll agree. I also love that we can always find parking nearby, and that the atmosphere and smaller size makes it possible to actually hold a conversation with your date… – Julianna W., Yelp
Along with the time-tested method of eating steak with a fork and a 16-inch serrated knife, there is an exciting, new way to consume beef: globe steaks. A globe steak is mounted on traditional globe technology (stainless-steel rotating axis), which gives diners 360-degree access to the meal. Instead of using cumbersome utensils, diners can lick every steak nook and beef cranny until only the rod remains. The benefits of globe steaks are many:
- Flavor increases by 7%
- Continent-shaped A1 smears make tasty geography lessons
- Shared, family-style meals are a more intimate experience
While Globe does not offer globe steaks, it would be certainly appropriate if they did.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 3, 2010. Amount paid never expires. 1 per table Gratuity not included Not valid with other offers Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.