Groupon already brings you something fun to do every day. Now it brings you a whole day of doing something fun. Come along and you’ll get to revel in two hours of microchip-enabled golf games inside a climate-controlled bay, followed by an assortment of appetizers and mini-golf. Whether you want to bring friends or make new ones, you won’t have to worry about getting there, calling ahead, what to pack, where to go. You just have to go. Click here to see another TopGolf deal.
About 5.5 hours total ####What You Get
- Transportation: Roundtrip BYOB motorcoach ride from River North to TopGolf in Wood Dale. No glass containers. The motorcoach is outfitted with a washroom and complimentary bottled water.
- Gameplay: TopGolf playing card good for two hours of unlimited games with all necessary balls and clubs; card can be reused for future visits. Participants will play in groups of four or five.
- Food: An assortment of appetizers selected by the chef after game
- Drinks: Two drinks (beer or wine), which servers bring to your bay to ensure uninterrupted gameplay.<p>
After checking in at the meet-up location in River North, you board the motorcoach with your Groupon leaders. The motorcoach ride is BYOB (no glass containers allowed). However, you will need to leave your alcohol in the motorcoach’s coolers upon arriving at TopGolf in Wood Dale. On the drive back, you may pick up where you left off. Belongings can also be stored on the motorcoach.
TopGolf combines the climate-controlled bays of a modern driving range with the boisterous vibe of a sports bar and the friendly competition of a company picnic’s gladiator pit. Its 300-foot outfield is arrayed with digital targets, giving golfers a variety of fun ways to hone their skills all year round. Each TopGolf ball encases a microchip that measures accuracy and distance. When you drive a shot toward one of the targets, the chip calculates both, then transmits a score to the display screen.
Upon arrival, Groupon leaders divide participants into groups of four or five and brief you on how TopGolf works, along with its variety of games:
- TopGolf: Combining the best parts of bowling and darts without leaving a crater in a pub’s wall, this beginner-friendly game lights up targets at various distances. A combination of accuracy and long distance results in major points—and double points if you hit the shaded areas.
- TopChip: Designed to improve one’s short game, this game equips you with a wedge and rewards you when you chip into the right target. Chip into the wrong one, though, and you’ll lose both points and the respect of your grizzled caddy, Tapper.
- TopPressure: Hit all nine sections in the yellow target and unlock 2x and 10x point modes—but hit the same section twice and watch the points trickle away.
- TopShot: Hit the targets at four consecutive distances, but don’t hit the wrong targets. Four levels of difficulty are available.
- TopDrive: It’s just you, a driver, and some pink and black targets on the distant horizon. Even the most experienced golfers find this game a challenge.<p>
Groups of four or five typically get through two games within two hours. Each bay has a cocktail server who will bring you drinks so that you don’t have to interrupt play.
Afterward, the whole group reconvenes for an hour of mingling over TopGolf’s chef-picked assortment of appetizers, as well as a few rounds of bean-bag toss, tabletop games, and mini golf.
- Sunday, February 17, at 10:30 a.m.
- Saturday, March 2, at 9:30 a.m.
- Sunday, March 10, at 10:30 a.m.