Choose Between Two Options
- $25 for admission for two with complimentary logo beer glasses ($50 value)
- $49 for admission for four with complimentary logo beer glasses ($100 value)
Tour takes place on April 16, 2016.
2016 Spring Ghent Craft Beer Tour
- The Starting Point: The tour kicks off at noon at Smartmouth Beer in Chelsea
- Check In On Friday, 4/15 at O’Connor’s Brewing from 4 to 7 you can check-in and pickup tickets there. Or you can check-in early on Saturday morning from 10am to noon at Smartmouth. The tastings will not begin until noon, but one can get their ticket and enjoy breakfast at one of the great restaurants in Ghent or Chelsea until then. Check-in from noon to 1pm on Saturday at Smartmouth. (Expect longer lines at this time.)
- Travel: Once tickets are received there is no order in which travel is needed. One can visit any and all tasting stops at their leisure. The mission of Go Local is to support local business, so please support them with purchases and take a minute to visit many of the unique shops and restaurants along the tasting route.
- Parking and Transportation: There should be ample parking in Chelsea near Smartmouth or one can find public parking in Ghent. There will be several types of transportation available including Rickshaws, a golf cart shuttle and a passenger van that will be available at various stops. There will be provided tickets for 2 rides and additional tickets will be available for purchase.
- The Path: Craft-beer lovers make their way through charming and historic Chelsea, and the storybook lair of historic Ghent, stopping along the way to enjoy beer samples and refill growlers at a variety of breweries and the region’s top restaurants
- The Destination: O’Connor Brewing company, where a grand finale party awaits
- Extra Perks: Along the route, enjoy food samples, food and drink specials, surprise gifts, and raffles
A Chat with Go Local 757
What services does your business offer and what makes your business stand out from the competition?
We support locally owned businesses while educating the community on the importance of "going local".
What is the experience customers can expect?
A fun evening out while helping a local non-profit and supporting locally owned restaurants.
What was the inspiration to start or run this business?
We wanted to do something for our community as well as support our friends and colleagues who are small business owners.
What do you love most about your job?
We hope that in a small way we are making a difference on our community. We want to help small business owners stay in business and by doing that the hope is more dollars will stay within Hampton Roads and employ more people.