Sporting-clays shooting, like playing tennis in stilettos, requires quick reflexes, demands excellent aim, and destroys a lot of clay. Pulverize pottery with today’s Groupon to Golden Gun Club in Watkins. Choose from the following options:
- For $40, you get a clay-shooting package for two on Monday–Thursday (up to an $88 value).
- For $44, you get a clay-shooting package for two on Friday–Sunday (up to an $88 value).
- For $70, you get a clay-shooting package for four on Monday–Thursday (up to a $176 value).
- For $88, you get a clay-shooting package for four on Friday–Sunday (up to a $176 value).
All shooting packages include the following for each person:
- 50 sporting clays (a $22 value)
- A shotgun rental (a $10 value)
- Lunch (up to a $12 value)
Ammunition is not included in this Groupon but is available for an extra fee ($9/box, plus tax).
Steady hands descend upon Golden Gun Club’s 160-acre facility, demolishing clay disks at the shooting range’s 10-station sporting-clays course. Adhering to the safety manual’s rules, twosomes or foursomes can plow through sporting clays with rented shotguns or concentrated telekinetic rage. Participants hone their accuracy as the zipping saucers are flung boldly into the stratosphere, testing shooters’ aim from various angles and managing gunstock recoil with gentle petting and terms of endearment. After shattering the allotted targets, shooters can reload their energy clip with barbecue fare from the kitchen, including sizzling burgers and multiflavored wings.
Our customers loved this deal last year, earning Golden Gun Club a spot on Groupon’s Best of 2011 list.
Golden Gun Club
As rifle shots crackle across the 14 fields of Golden Gun Club, shooters wait for the quiet explosions of clay pigeons that signal successful shots. Each of these fields⎯eight for trap and six for skeet⎯are open to the public, though memberships are also available, which grant visitors discounted rates on range fees. After each visit, patrons can refuel at the onsite grill, where Sportman's wings steep in various sauces and freshly barbecued burgers warm palates so diners don’t need to install central heating in their uvulas.