Blood at the Root from Tony-Nominated Dominique Morisseau
About This Deal
On a hot fall day, African-American senior Raylynn breaks tradition to sit under the old oak tree in front of the high school that is usually a gathering place for white students. The next day, three nooses are found hanging from the tree. The school shrugs it off as a prank, but racial tensions continue to mount until six Black students are arrested on trumped-up charges of attempted murder. Tony-nominated Morisseau’s Bay Area premiere play is a choreopoem that examines the miscarriage of justice, racial double standards, and, as a result, the shattering state of Black family life.
Custom Made will follow all state, county, and city guidelines regarding masking and other safety protocols.
A sensational ensemble drama from “genius” playwright Dominique Morisseau (“Ain’t Too Proud”, “Skeleton Crew”)
Directed and Choreographed by Darryl V. Jones (“The Great Kahn”, “Kill Move Paradise”)
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- This venue will follow all state, county, and city guidelines regarding masking and other safety protocols.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer.
- Discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change.
- Ticket value includes all fees.
- Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon, Goldstar, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.