What You'll Get
The Second City has some fascinating stories to tell -- among them, how Chicago got that particular nickname and what it has to do with Mrs. O'Leary's cow. You'll hear about that and much more on this two-and-a-half-hour historical walking tour along the city's River Walk, which caps off with a fun 10-minute boat ride on the famed river itself. You'll be entertained by stories about the Fort Dearborn Massacre, the Great Chicago Fire, 1893 World's Fair, the Burnham Plan, Union Stockyards and beyond, complete with accompanying vintage pics. And because of the small group size, this particular excursion allows for a more-relaxed pace and easier two-way interaction between the tour guide and guests.
- Spectacular views of Chicago’s iconic skyline
- Entertaining stories featuring the Fort Dearborn Massacre, Great Chicago Fire, 1893 World’s Fair, Burnham Plan, Union Stockyards and so many more
- After a 10 minute boat ride along the Chicago River, tour ends near Wrigley Building – 400 North Michigan – diagonally across the river from where tour began
- Plenty of places to sit and relax in the sun or shade
- Learn about Chicago’s most fascinating characters including the architects, millionaires, vice figures and politicians
- Trivia contest
The tour is two hours and 30 minutes long.
The Fine Print
Offer does not include ticketing fees. Information on how you'll receive or pick up your tickets along with any date-specific advisories or restrictions will be provided to you in checkout.