Dr. Michael Eric Dyson on JAY-Z
About This Deal
“If America is essentially an idea, then JAY is its best embodiment,” says Dr. Michael Eric Dyson, a Georgetown sociology professor, New York Times contributing opinion writer, and contributing editor of The New Republic. Dyson has been writing about hip-hop for years, having penned books about both Tupac and Nas. His newest release, Made in America, examines the life, lyrics, and legendary rise to power of JAY-Z, whom Dyson considers to be not only a poetic genius and notable social justice advocate, but also one of the nation’s most essential, influential, and defining figures. Having risen “from slinging crack cocaine in the streets to cracking the code to American wealth in corporate suites,” Dyson says, “JAY-Z is…a dictionary of American identity.” Join us for an evening with Dyson to discuss the intersection of celebrity, identity, and power in American culture at Chicago’s Gary Comer Youth Center.The tickets identified in this promotion are made available through Goldstar. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by Dr. Michael Eric Dyson on JAY-Z in connection with this deal.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer.
- Discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change.
- Ticket value includes all fees.
- Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon, Goldstar, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.