Henrik Ibsen’s Ghosts
About This Deal
Helene Alving has spent her life suspended in an emotional void after the death of her cruel but outwardly charming husband. She is determined to escape the ghosts of her past by telling her son, Oswald, the truth about his father. But on his return from his life as a painter in France, Oswald reveals how he has already inherited the legacy of Alving’s dissolute life. While the play’s focus on religion, venereal disease, incest, and euthanasia shocked and repelled Ibsen’s contemporaries, Ghosts is now considered of “immense historical importance.” Maurice Valency found it groundbreaking, asserting that until Ghosts, “regular tragedy dealt mainly with the unhappy consequences of breaking the moral code. Ghosts, on the contrary, deals with the consequences of not breaking it.”
Adapted and directed by Kevin O’Connell
Alyssa Sanders – Helene Alving
David Dubov – Pastor Manders
Robert Pike – Oswald Alving
Brendan Murray – Jakob Engstrand
Jamie Boller – Regina Engstrand
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer.
- Discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change.
- Ticket value includes all fees.
- Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon, Goldstar, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.