What You'll Get
Enjoy food and drink samples from five of the Mission District's most exciting taquerias, mom-and-pop shops and restaurants on this food lover's walking tour from Sidewalk Food Tours. Sample award-winning pizza, taste the area's renowned Mexican food -- even skip the line at a bakery whose owners won the coveted James Beard Award for Outstanding Pastry Chef in 2008. Between tastings, your knowledgeable guide will tell intriguing stories about 17th century Spanish missionaries, the lively punk scene of the 1970s and more. All food and beverage tastings are included with the tour. Please see the full event description for a list of tasting locations.
Flavorful food specialties are served from five of the following locations (subject to change):
- Taqueria Cancun: Taste their famous tacos (est. 1985)
- Mission Chinese: Founder Danny Bowien was nominated for a James Beard Rising Chef Award (est. 2010)
- Delfina Pizza: Delicious Neapolitan inspired, thin crust pizzas (est. 2005)
- Tartine Bakery: The best French-style bakery in San Francisco. Bypass the lines (est. 2002)
- Ali Baba’s Cave: The most delicious, moist falafel in SF. Hear about Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, while noshing on deep-fried chickpeas seasoned to perfection. (est. 2003)
- Craftsman and Wolves: Where the paths of food and design intersect (est. 2010)
- Venga Empanadas: Made by hand, baked not fried, with plenty of flavors to choose from (est. 2008)
- Mission Banh Mi/Duc Loi Kitchen: Serving Amanda’s Vietnamese sandwiches, which she learned to make as a girl in Vietnam (est. 2008)
Tour guide gratuity is not included.The tickets identified in this promotion are made available through Goldstar. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by Mission District Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tour in connection with this deal.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
Tour leaves promptly and are given rain or shine. This is a walking tour; please dress casually and wear comfortable shoes. Vegetarian options are available. There are no vegan or gluten free substitutions. Please email email@example.com with any food allergies or dietary restrictions at least 72 hours in advance of the tour. Tour guide gratuity is not included in the ticket price. This tour stops at a rotating selection of 5 places. ALL SALES FINAL. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change. Ticket value includes all fees. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon, Goldstar, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.