NatPhil Presents Rachmaninoff’s 150th Birthday
About This Deal
Sergei Rachmaninoff deserves to be celebrated every day, but 2023 marks 150 years since his birth on April 1st, 1873. Considered one of the most influential and well-known Romantic composers, Sergei Rachmaninoff said, “Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.” In celebration of his 150th birthday, NatPhil presents two of his most quintessential works, beginning with the familiar and beloved Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, featuring piano virtuoso Claire Huangci. Following the crowd-pleasing Rhapsody is Symphony No. 2 in E Minor, an intense piece from Rachmaninoff’s early career. Known for its memorable emotionally-driven melodies, Symphony No. 2 is the perfect conclusion to a program celebrating a composer that, after a century and half, still remains inspiring to classical fans the world over.
Sergei Rachmaninoff, Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, Op. 43 Sergei Rachmaninoff, Symphony No. 2, Op. 27, E Minor I. Largo – Allegro moderato II. Allegro molto III. Adagio IV. Allegro vivace
Children ages 7-17 may attend for free. To reserve free tickets for children, please call the Strathmore Ticket Office at 301-581-5100. Free children’s tickets are not available to reserve online.The tickets identified in this promotion are made available through Goldstar. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by NatPhil Presents Rachmaninoff's 150th Birthday in connection with this deal.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Children ages 7-17 may attend for free. To reserve free tickets for children, please call the Strathmore Ticket Office at 301-581-5100. Free children's tickets are not available to reserve online.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer.
- Discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change.
- Ticket value includes all fees.
- Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon, Goldstar, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.