About This Deal
In the U.S. premiere of playwright Kaite O’ Reilly’s internationally renowned play Peeling, Sound Theatre Company continues staging authentic narratives and breaking new theatrical ground. Peeling weaves audio description, sign language and theatrical spectacle into a no-holds-barred play about representation, women, reproduction, war and eugenics. With brisk wit and domestic backstage comedy, O’ Reilly’s storytelling style has earned comparisons to Beckett and Caryl Churchill. In an overproduced, postmodern production of Euripides’ The Trojan Women, Alfa, Coral, and Beatty have been cast in bit parts to fulfill a playhouse’s misplaced diversity program; but as tokens, the trio never experiences true inclusion. Sound Theatre centers disability justice by assembling a production team and cast that brings authentic lived experiences to this groundbreaking production. Helmed by director Teresa Thuman, Peeling offers a fresh, if not jolting, perspective. “Seattle has never seen a play like this before,” theatermaking veteran Thuman predicts.
Peeling will be fully accessible to deaf and blind audiences for every performance, including touch tours for blind and visually impaired patrons.The tickets identified in this promotion are made available through Goldstar. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by "Peeling" in connection with this deal.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer.
- Discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change.
- Ticket value includes all fees.
- Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon, Goldstar, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.