Synonyms at Washington Jewish Film Festival
About This Deal
Loosely based on director Nadav Lapid’s (The Kindergarten Teacher) own experiences, the film follows young Israeli ex-soldier Yoav — played by newcomer Tom Mercier, in an incredible performance — who escapes his country and past to take up residence in Paris. Armed with a pocket-sized French dictionary, Yoav refuses to speak his native Hebrew as he desperately tries to immerse himself in French society. Living on only a few francs a day, he bounces from job to job on a wildly erratic journey, attempting to assimilate into a seemingly impenetrable culture. Unpredictable yet kinetically assured, Lapid’s lucid assault against nationhood asks if individuals can ever be fully extricated from the society into which they were born. While Synonyms is loaded with ideas about identity, both personal and national, it’s the intense emotional impact of Yoav’s experiences that resonate so strongly.
Note adapted from the Toronto International Film Festival. Film contains adult content, themes and nudity.The tickets identified in this promotion are made available through Goldstar. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by "Synonyms" in connection with this deal.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer.
- Discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change.
- Ticket value includes all fees.
- Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon, Goldstar, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.