What You'll Get
As college and Newton’s seminal Principia Alcoholica both amply demonstrate, few things go as well together as alcohol and knowledge. Join the ranks of the enlightened with today’s Groupon: for $20, you get one ticket to a wine, tequila, or cognac tasting and seminar (a $40 value) courtesy of Embrace the Grape Beverage Catering.
Embrace the Grape, operated by the folks at Gomer’s in Lee’s Summit, provides five different dates and classes designed to stimulate as well as educate the most precocious of palates. Each event begins at 6:30 p.m. All events (except the cognac tasting) will be held at the serene Emaline Ballroom in Lee’s Summit:
- April 26: Relive Ernest Shackleton’s journey through Antarctic wine country with Wines of the Southern Hemisphere.
- April 28: Cognac Tasting. Discover everything one needs to know to enjoy the favored beverage of mid-level aristocracy, starting with the proper way to warm it (tucking each glass under a down quilt). This event will be held at Garozzo’s Restaurant, just off Highway 291 in Lee’s Summit.
- May 4: Sip and savor the flavors of California, Oregon, and Washington wines with Wines of the West Coast.
- May 5: Tequila Tasting. Those tired of embracing the grape can instead administer an awkwardly long hug to the blue agave, source of all things tequila. Bulk up your knowledge of the famed desert elixir with fun facts, expert advice, and samples.
- May 11: Wine enthusiasts can prep to fulfill their dream of touring France’s sun-dappled wine country by jetpack with Embrace the Grape’s Wines of Europe tasting and seminar.
The hectic pace of downtown life is enough to induce heart palpitations in even the most boorish of dandies. Today’s Groupon to Embrace the Grape teaches you how to slow down and truly appreciate the complex interplay of flavors and smells found in all the highest-quality tipples. Rent a coach-and-four or bribe a responsible friend to chauffeur your coterie to Lee’s Summit for a memorable night of educational boozing.
Must be 21 or older to buy today’s Groupon.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 6 per person. No cash value. Must be 21 years or older. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.