Visitors take a tour of the local distillery where small-batch whiskey, rum, and other spirits are created
About This Deal
- Age restriction: must be 21 or older
- Valid on Fridays and Saturdays
- Specialties: Cream Liqueurs, Rum, 6 Flavored Rums, Vodka, Shine, Whiskey and Bourbon
Need To Know
About Gorget Distilling Co.
The word "Gorget" refers to a piece of armor worn around the throat in battle. The gorget may have appeared on the first South Carolina flag, and many believe it is still there today where others see a crescent moon. The state symbol seemed appropriate to the small-batch distillers because it celebrates multiple things about the state of South Carolina, namely its French roots and love of a good drink. Gorget Distilling Co. was founded in 2015 by three local gentlemen who wanted to create handmade and local spirits.
- Specialties: rum, flavored rum, vodka, and shine
- Handmade: in small batches using local grains
- Home-grown: all distilling and bottling is done is Kershaw County, SC
- Stop by: Friday 1-6pm and Saturday 10am - 4pm