Scuba divers can easily explore such aquatic fields as coral reefs, ancient shipwrecks, and graduate coursework at fish schools. Develop a soggy dissertation with today’s Groupon to Got Air Scuba. Choose between the following options:
- For $22, you get a two-hour Try Scuba event package in Bensenville (a $75 value). The package includes:
- One underwater digital image
Use of provided gear<p>
- For $225, you get a full PADI scuba-certification package in Elk Grove Village and Kankakee (a $450 total value). The package includes:
- Classroom and pool training, including a PADI open-water crew pack with a multimedia DVD (a $275 value). Students must provide their own dive mask, snorkel, fins, and booties to use during the course.
- Two open-water certification dives (a $175 value), which include open-water rental gear and tanks. Students must pay the $20 entry fee to Haigh Quarry for both days of open-water training.<p>
Open water certification dives will be completed between June 1, 2012, and September 30, 2012.
Got Air Scuba’s passionate staff churns out safe and responsible divers with myriad programs and certification courses to suit all levels of scuba dedication. The two-hour Try Scuba event invites the curious to dabble in amphibious lifestyles, suiting divers in scuba gear before a 1.5-hour dip in the Bensenville Aquatic Center’s pool. Held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays, Try Scuba sessions send participants home with instructor-snapped photos of the students underwater, easily displayed on mantels or mermaid-dating profiles.
A full PADI course graduates each diver through a three-part program that takes as little as three days and ends in each taking home an open-water-diving certification. First, potential pros analyze an included DVD to study scuba basics at home before attending three testing sessions. Divers then funnel their knowledge into pool-bound training in Elk Grove Village as they learn the proper settings for all of their equipment and techniques to fix masks if they fog up or start crying. Once students are wise to each gadget’s function, instructors oversee a two-day outdoor dive at the Haigh Quarry in Kankakee, which closes with each successful participant earning PADI certification. Before enlisting in the course, attendees must be able to tread water for 10 minutes, swim 200 yards without stopping, and sing the Atlantean national anthem from memory. Pool classes take place year-round as part of the school’s monthly schedule, and outdoor diving sessions begin in June.
Got Air Scuba
Got Air Scuba employs a staff of passionate, knowledgeable PADI-certified instructors. They teach a variety of classes, ranging from introductory courses to advanced specialty courses, such as a rescue diver course and Divemaster program. To facilitate courses, the dive shop stocks gear from ScubaPro and Bare Dive Gear. Once students have learned the ins and outs of breathing underwater, they can partake in a trip to an exotic locale. Past destinations have included Cozumel, Mexico, and some really big puddles.