Scuba diving helps you check out things that no human could ever see otherwise, such as coral reefs or the bottoms of boats. See the unseeable with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$25 for a Discover Scuba class with underwater digital images on Facebook (a $75 value)
- 90-minute class held Sundays at 1 p.m., reservations required, subject to availability
- All equipment provided<p>
$249 for a PADI full open-water scuba-certification course with $25 gear credit and underwater images on Facebook (a $500 value)
- Classroom and pool training, including a PADI open-water crew pack. Students must provide their own dive mask, snorkel, fins, and booties to use during the course.
- $25 credit toward the purchase of a mask, snorkel, booties, and fins
- Four open-water-certification dives, which include rental gear. Students must pay the $20 entry fee to Haigh Quarry for both days of open-water training.<p>
A full PADI course graduates each diver through a three-part program. First, academic sessions combine lectures with at-home study. During pool training, divers learn the proper settings for their equipment. Instructors then oversee a two-day outdoor dive at the Haigh Quarry in Kankakee, which closes with each successful participant earning PADI certification. Before enlisting in the course, attendees must be able to tread water for 10 minutes and swim 200 yards without stopping. Pool classes are included in the school’s monthly schedule. Full certification consists of one weekend of classroom and pool training, and one weekend at the Haigh Quarry for four open-water dives.
Got Air Scuba
Got Air Scuba employs a staff of passionate, knowledgeable PADI-certified instructors. They teach a variety of classes, ranging from introductory courses to advanced specialty courses, such as a rescue diver course and Divemaster program. To facilitate courses, the dive shop stocks gear from ScubaPro and Bare Dive Gear. Once students have learned the ins and outs of breathing underwater, they can partake in a trip to an exotic locale. Past destinations have included Cozumel, Mexico, and some really big puddles.
“Love got air”
“Great class! Had a wonderful time”
“Thank you John and Jeff for your patient and sereneness. I could not have done this without your calm disposition underwater! ”