|_Jump to: Reviews||Other Attempts The Chinese Medicine Doctor Made To Relieve Her Soar Throat_|
Where there’s Chinese smoke, there’s a fiery acupuncture Groupon. For $30, today’s deal gets you a 30-minute stress-busting acupuncture treatment at Gotham Wellness, normally $65. Gotham provides people with “The Health You Deserve”—a philosophy built on the belief that health is complete physical, mental, and social well-being. Located at 15 W. 26th St., it’s an oasis for the city’s stress-ridden residents.
A highly trained Gotham specialist provides your mind and body with complete relaxation. By activating critical pressure points, you’ll immediately feel more relaxed in your joints, neck, back, shoulders, and hips. Acupuncture is also a great way to relieve anxiety, insomnia, depression, or the highly contagious drool-pant-wheeze syndrome.
Founder Stephanie DiLibero stumbled on Chinese medicine 10 years ago in Taiwan when a Chinese Medicine Doctor was able to relieve her sore throat by squeezing a pressure point on her elbow. She was intrigued by his delicate, healing touch and the success of the unusual method. When DiLibero returned to the United States on an airplane, she got to work learning, practicing, and honing her methods in hospitals across New England before opening Gotham Wellness to relieve overworked New Yorkers with acupuncture.
Yelpers give Gotham Wellness 4.5 stars:
- The results were fairly immediate in that I felt deep relaxation right away. I generally had a lowered level of anxiety and nervousness. I felt great for days afterward and look forward to the next time. – Nancy B.
- I went for acupuncture with Stefanie last week and it was a wonderful experience. The space is serene, clean, and just incredibly welcoming and comfortable. – Anna B.
Other Attempts The Chinese Medicine Doctor Made To Relieve Her Sore Throat
Before the Chinese Medicine Doctor relieved DiLibero’s sore throat with a perfectly placed elbow squeeze, he made 43 other traditional Chinese medicinal treatments, including:
- Brewing her organic green tea
- Spooning her organic cough syrup
- Handing her a warm compress with warm compress instructions
- Prescribing her traditional Chinese penicillin
- Turning on his Hamilton Beach humidifier
- Suggesting she purchase throat lozenges
Midtown South Central
15 W 26th St
New York, New York 10010Get Directions