Using a pillowy bun as a barrier, hot dogs are safely protected from environmental hazards such as open manholes and greasy-handed schoolchildren. Enjoy snugly shielded franks with today’s Groupon to Gourmet Dog Japōn, valid at the Second and Pike location only. Choose from the following options:
- For $4, you get a slider meal for two (an $8 value), which includes:
- Four hot-dog sliders (a $5 value)
- Two drinks and chip combos (a $1.50 value each) <p>
- For $6, you get a hot-dog meal for two (a $13 value), which includes:
- Two gourmet Japanese hot dogs (a $5.50 value each)
- Two drinks (a $1 value each) <p>
- For $12, you get a hot-dog meal for four (a $24 value), which includes:
- Four gourmet Japanese hot dogs (a $5.50 value each)
- Two drinks (a $1 value each)<p>
The hot-dog artisans at Gourmet Dog Japōn craft innovative creations with bunned bites and Japanese ingredients. Dining duos much on a quartet of half-sized hot-dog sliders made with beef sausages and short buns, which arrive slathered in asian garlic, pepper sauce, tabasco, and sauerkraut. Alternatively, twosomes and foursomes nosh on full-sized gourmet dogs, such as the Matsuri dog—a kielbasa sausage nestled in a grilled bun under a blanket of seaweed nori, carrots, teriyaki glazed onions, and japanese mayo. Beef-sausage Kabuki dogs tantalize hot-dog receptacles with bonito flakes, red ginger, cabbage, and katsu sauce, and radish oroshi Samurai dogs wield swords made of chicken-apple sausage just like traditional samurai. To satiate stomachs with better-known flavors, beef sausages imitate pizza by donning mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce, and pepperoni. Bags of chips complement meals and guests sip on beverages to rinse palates and lubricate incisors for further hot-dog sampling.
Gourmet Dog Japōn
The chefs at Gourmet Dog Japōn tinker with the classic hot-dog recipe, incorporating Japanese flavors such as wasabi mayo, seaweed nori, and red ginger for internationally flavored sandwiches in grilled buns. Classic dogs come topped with pickles, pizza dogs are piled with pepperoni and mozzarella, and hawaiian dogs are freshly picked from fields planted in underwater volcanoes.