All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Much like confronting a former bully at a high-school reunion, playing golf requires an efficient swing and at least three friends to cheer you on. Take a stand against a shank-producing stroke with today’s Groupon to Grand Geneva Resort & Spa in Lake Geneva. Choose from the following course and date options:
- For $130, you get a summer golf outing for two at The Highlands (up to a $260 value). Summer golf is available through September 25.
- For $155, you get a summer golf outing for two at The Brute (up to a $310 value). Summer golf is available through September 25.
- For $75, you get a fall golf outing for two at The Highlands (up to a $150 value). Fall golf is available from September 26 to October 16.
- For $85, you get a fall golf outing for two at The Brute (up to a $170 value). Fall golf is available from September 26 to October 16.</p>
Each golf outing includes:
- 18 holes of championship golf for two
- Cart rental
- GPS yardage system
- Use of practice facility with range balls
- Access to locker-room facilities
- Grand Geneva divot tool and ball marker</p>
Grand Geneva’s award-winning golf resort presents two 18-hole championship golf courses, each meticulously designed by some of golf’s top architects, including Jack Nicklaus, to embody the lush, rolling landscape of Southern Wisconsin. The Brute, a particularly challenging, immaculately manicured par 72 course, stretches for more than 7,000 yards, laying claim to 68 bunkers, massive, rolling greens, and an international space station on hole nine. Meanwhile, The Highlands course, designed by Jack Nicklaus and famed architect Pete Dye, boasts 18 holes of newly renovated bent-grass terrain that snakes and winds throughout a Scottish-style design, offering undulating greens and difficult pot bunkers throughout.
The courses’ new state-of-the-art GPS yardage systems allow golfers to accurately gauge the remaining distance to the pin, and the fully stocked pro shop provides all the equipment and accessories golfers may need, except for the rare iced-tea-and-lemonade potion that Arnold Palmer used to become a scratch golfer. The refreshment-cart service can, however, replenish players in the midst of a game, and Links Bar & Grill serves up delectable edibles to refuel golfers depleted from passive-aggressive putt-and-strut celebrations.
Rates fluctuate throughout the day.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. Fall golf options not valid until 9/26/11. Valid only for option purchased. 48hr cancellation notice required. Valid only after 11am. Reservations valid no more than 7 days in advance. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
With a pair of 18-hole championship courses often considered two of the state’s bests, Grand Geneva Resort & Spa was recognized as a top 10 Northern US golf resort in 2012 by Condé Nast Traveler. It’s just one of the golf destination's many accolades.
The Brute course presents the resort’s lengthiest and most challenging path, with 68 bunkers and 8,000-square-foot greens that create only a fraction of the difficulty presented by the 7,085-yard layout. The Highlands course showcases a Scottish-style links layout envisioned by the prolific design team of Jack Nicklaus and Pete Dye and renovated as recently as 2006.
Players zoom around both courses aboard carts equipped with GPS yardage systems, which can display video flyovers of each hole, the distance and placement of the pins, and the angle and speed needed to wear a cape in order to jump the numerous streams that intersect the courses.
The Brute Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Total length of 7,085 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 73.8 from the back tees
- Course slope of 138 from the back tees
- Three sets of tees per hole
The Highlands Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 71 course
- Total length of 6,659 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 71.6 from the back tees
- Course slope of 126 from the back tees
- Four sets of tees per hole