Flight in a historic WWII vintage C-47 aircraft takes passengers above the DFW area to view Christmas Lights in a way never seen before
About This Deal
- Departure time: by appointment
- Departure location: 251 American Concourse, Fort Worth, TX Age ranges for age-specific tickets
- Free admission for children 2 and under as long as they sit in a paying adult’s lap
- Available dates: December 1–31
- Notable sights: Lake Arlington’s Interlochen Christmas lights
- The participants fly in a historic Southern Cross Douglas C-47, a World War II-era twin-propeller plane.
About Greatest Generation Aircraft
Originally a TWA aircraft, the Southern Cross Douglas C-47 was adopted by the Army Air Corps to shuttle troops to the front. The twin-propeller plane survived World War II and in the ensuing years underwent a series of makeovers. Its career includes years spent as a reliable set of wings for Delta Air Lines, a troupe of skydiving enthusiasts, and at least one head of state. The C-47 is now meticulously restored to its original WWII-era condition and in the dutiful care of Greatest Generation Aircraft, a nonprofit organization that introduces 21st-century crowds to the C-47 during rides and aerial shows.