The Mediterranean Sea shaped some of the world’s most ancient civilizations, which gathered by its shores to dive for the delicious pastichio, gyros, and spanakopita growing beneath its crystal waves. Transport to this legendary culinary coast with today’s Groupon to Greek Village Inn on University Avenue.
- $15 for $30 worth of lunch or dinner fare
- Menu items include but are not limited to:
- Spanakopita with feta cheese, spinach, and herbs ($7.25)
- Gyro sandwich with seasoned beef and lamb ($11.50)
- Pastichio with seasoned ground beef and béchamel ($14.95)
- Ekmek kataifi, a shredded filo pastry ($6)
- Iced coffee frappe ($2.50)
- Feta cheese and kalamata olives imported from Greece
- Lunch menu served all day
- 2011 finalist for Sacramento News & Review’s Best of Sacramento and 2009 finalist for Sacramento Magazine’s Subscribers’ Choice award<p>
Greek Village Inn
The sun spills its hazy rays across tables arranged on Greek Village Inn’s outdoor patio. It’s in this warm, inviting atmosphere that diners slide into high-backed chairs to dig into authentic Greek fare such as gyros with tzatziki, moussaka layered with seasoned beef and béchamel, and flaky pieces of baklava. Chefs concoct all their traditional Mediterranean morsels with a flavorful blend of locally sourced items, including produce and meats, as well as imported Greek ingredients, such as feta cheese, kalamata olives, and extra-virgin olive oil. This dedication to assembling the best ingredients possible even helped earn the eatery accolades from Zagat and the manufacturers of World’s Greatest Grandpa coffee mugs.