The first master yogis bent themselves like twist-ties around their enemies, smothering them with relaxing vibes. Now that all of your human and animal enemies are dead or in exile, today's Groupon offers a chance to defeat work-related stress with yoga or Pilates classes at Green Monkey in South Miami and Miami Beach, with a third location in Midtown scheduled to be finished later this year. Choose from the following options:
- $19 for five classes (a $75 value)
- $49 for one month of unlimited classes (a $150 value)
- $2,999 for a lifetime membership (a $10,000 value, good at any existing and future locations)
Green Monkey is a wellness company that strives to help people balance complicated, busy lives with yoga and other classes, green products, and relaxing lounge areas. Yoga classes run the yoga gamut, from beginner yoga, which introduces yoga to first timers and is appropriate for seniors and people with sports injuries or limbs made out of pretzel rods, to the fast-paced power yoga. Moderately paced classes include yoga flow, which emphasizes movement between postures, and detox yoga, which helps students decompress from a long week of compressing. Pilates classes are also available to strengthen the cores of human persons. For a complete listing of class times and locations, see the South Miami and Miami Beach class schedules.
Green Monkey wellness hubs, nicknamed "tree houses," each contain two open, airy, and bamboo-floored studio rooms, a wellness shop that stocks green products and apparel, and outdoor lounges where patrons, nicknamed "monkeys," can relax, unwind, and store excess cans of beans leftover from Y2K shelters. A lifetime membership and a one-month membership include members-only self-practice times, in which yoga-learners can carve out a space and time to guide themselves through a muscle-stretching session.
Green Monkey was recently featured on Fox 7's Deco Drive. Six Yelpers give both locations an average of 4.5 stars; 10 Google Mappers give the South Miami location an average of five stars, and many of those same Google Mappers give a five-star average to the Miami Beach locale as well:
- Great yoga, instructors, and options! The Green Monkey offers tons of different kinds of classes including yoga flow, yogathletics, ashtanga and pilates. – Jenna M., Yelp
- Green Monkey is hands down the most amazing and inspirational place that has helped me in my quest to achieve a balanced lifestyle. – Wakako U., Yelp
- Green Monkey has, by far, the best variety of class offerings of any studio in the area. There are classes for all levels, and I never once felt intimidated in a class, even belly dancing! – Nicole, Google Maps
Green Monkey thrives as a yoga community. Across its three locations, instructors lead a variety of classes. Power yoga classes lead guests through dynamic poses, while meditation classes rely on breathing techniques and silent affirmations to quiet the mind. Instructors also hold frequent workshops, many of which teach specific skills such as handstands and inverted backbends.