Creating a meal from scratch is both challenging and delicious, much like playing "Stairway to Heaven" on a clarinet made out of a candy cane. Master meal melding with today's Groupon: for $35, you get a gluten-free cooking class at GreenOrganix Restaurant & Emporium in Clearwater (a $75 value). Choose from the following classes:
• Vegan Asian Fusion on Sunday, June 19, from noon to 3 p.m. Students learn how to make fresh spring rolls, Thai-inspired curried vegetables, and sweet sticky rice.
• American Comfort Foods on Sunday, June 19, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Students will make fresh tomato soup, baked mac ‘n’ cheese, and a brownie sundae.
• Gluten-Free Baking 101 on Sunday, June 26, from noon to 3 p.m. Students will make apple pastries, a special occasion cake, and flourless chocolate cake.
• Italian Comfort Foods on Sunday, June 26, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Students will make italian wedding soup, lasagna with made-from-scratch pasta, and tiramisu.
• Middle Eastern Vegan Brunch on Sunday, July 3, from noon to 3 p.m. Students will make hummus, Mediterranean-style stuffed chicken breast, and börek, a fried pastry filled with sweet treats.
• Five-Star Meal for Fish Eaters on Sunday, July 3, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Students will make stuffed mushrooms, seafood bouillabaisse, and chocolate mousse.
• Five-Star Comfort Brunch on Sunday, July 10, from noon to 3 p.m. Students will make cold melon soup, eggs Benedict, and apple pastries.
• On the Lighter Side (Spanish-style) on Sunday, July 10, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Students will make gazpacho, almond chicken, and flan.
GreenOrganix Restaurant & Emporium's instructors, who include the restaurant's executive chef and a Culinary Institute of America–trained spatula flinger, each tote two decades of culinary experience to multicultural, gluten-free cooking classes. Prospective pan flippers from preteens to adults can adopt a healthy epicureanism with a three-hour seminar encompassing three sweet or savory dishes and a toolbox of techniques that might include knife skills, poaching, wine pairing, and spoon tossing. Many ingredients are organic, seasonal, or local, ensuring that mouthwatering morsels warm both bellies and consciences. Each class has a different curriculum, but all sessions show how to transform regular recipes into dishes of gluten-free decadence without incurring the wrath of Demeter.
422 Cleveland St.
Clearwater, Florida 33755Get Directions