Before golf, grassy pastures were the exclusive territory of roaming sheep, herds of cattle, and children without parents. Play through with this Groupon.
Choose From Two Options
- $37 for 18 holes of golf with cart rental for two (up to $62 value), redeemable Monday through Friday
- $68 for 18 holes of golf with cart rental for four (up to $124 value), redeemable Monday through Friday
Greer Country Club
The fairways of Greer Country Club’s 18-hole course arch over rolling hills and weave through groves of trees, offering up narrow landing zones on a layout that rewards accuracy over power. Like a putting green that began as a shag carpet, the course emerged from humble beginnings. A group of local businessmen backed its construction in 1955, and many early supporters spent time extracting rocks from the turf by hand; the first round of golf cost $6. Since then, the 6,300-yard course has matured into a well-manicured circuit of Bermuda grass fairways and small, bent-grass greens, outlined by Carolina pines and dotted by water hazards on four holes. Open year round, the course complements its course with a driving range, where golfers can find their swings or discreetly practice archery before taking to the first tee.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par-72 course
- Bermuda grass fairways and bent grass greens
- Length of 6,300 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 70.3 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 121 from the farthest tees