Choose Between Two Options
- $20 for Wine & Distillery Tour and Tasting Package for 2 ($40.50 value)
- $40 for Wine & Distillery Tour and Tasting Package for 4 ($81 value)
Each tour includes:
- Winery and distillery tour, wine tasting, and souvenir glass for each person
- One cheese plate for each pair
- One take-home bottle of wine for each pair (up to $18.50 value each)
Wine selections include Popaw’s Apple, a 40-proof fermented wine designed to taste like an apple pie, Buckhead Billy, a sweet red and white mix that’s 36 proof, or Lady Grits, a new, smooth white wine that’s 36 proof.
Owner and vintner Dr. Lane Gregory and his staff of merry winemakers harvest their wine grapes from the fertile muscadine vines that flourish on Gregory Vineyards' 120 acres of lush farmland. The winery's Old-World tasting room and wood furniture lend a rustic atmosphere to samplings of cleverly named wines such as Sly Fox, Ruth Walton, or the dry white known as Bald Eagle. Like North Carolina's banana trees, the regional muscadine grape thrives from late August until early October, giving Dr. Gregory and company only a matter of weeks to harvest the tough-skinned fruit.
In addition to tastings, the handsome property plays host to weddings and other special events. And, on an average day, visitors may be spotted in the vineyard with Dr. Gregory, or exploring the vineyards.