After widespread audience complaints, the silent musical quickly became a short-lived avant-garde experiment, much like 4D films and hair-removing laser-light shows. Delight in audible song and dance with today's Groupon: for $17 you get two adult tickets to see Grey Gardens performed at the Fountain Inn Civic Center. Choose from the following performances:
- Friday, February 18 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 19 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 20 at 3 p.m.
- Friday, February 25 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 26 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 27 at 3 p.m.
Nominated for 10 Tony Awards in 2007, Grey Gardens tells the simultaneously lively and heartbreaking story of Big and Little Edie Bouvier. Set in two acts, the play follows the eccentric and often-dysfunctional duo's descent from the lap of luxury as New York socialites to an isolated existence in a squalid home overrun by feral bands of aristocats. One of few Broadway productions based on a documentary, the musical is inspired by the true story of Jacqueline Lee Bouvier Kennedy Onassis's aunt and cousin and includes personal songs that explore their complicated mother-daughter relationship. Performances take place downtown in the historic Fountain Inn Civic Center, an intimate 485-seat theater that features chamber concerts, theatrical productions, and partially masked phantoms ready to tear tickets and whisk patrons to their seats.
- The city started the theater with hopes that it would spark interest in the city's downtown, draw tourists to Fountain Inn and provide a recreational outlet for its citizens. It's done all three. The community has embraced the center with hundreds purchasing season tickets or volunteering at the center. – Nathaniel Cary, GreenvilleOnline.com
315 N Main St.
Fountain Inn, South Carolina 29644Get Directions