Rent GPS-enabled bikes from the bike share transit system and take them out on various trips around Phoenix
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your voucher to complete redemption.
Choose Between Two Options
- $7.50 for a 30-day monthly basic membership to a bike-share network ($15 value)
- $10 for a 30-day monthly plus membership to a bike-share network ($20 value)
Membership gets you access to the Grid Bike Share transit system, which rents out bikes to the public for short periods of time. Most trips are typically under two miles. A Monthly Basic membership gets you 60 minutes of riding and holding time each day. A Monthly Plus membership gets you 90 minutes of riding and holding time each day.
The bikes can be used at any Grid Bike Share location in Phoenix, Tempe, and Mesa. They are GPS-enabled and feature a solar-powered panel with an on-board lock.
About Grid Bike Share
A growing transit system across Phoenix, Mesa, and Tempe, Grid Bike Share consists of a network of stations where bicycles are available to anyone as short-term rentals. These aren't just any bikes, either.
Each Social Bicycles (SoBi) smart bike has a GPS-enabled, solar-powered panel with an on-board lock that allows riders to check out the bike, lock it back up, and even report a problem. Plus, it can let riders know how many miles they rode and how many calories they burned when they log into their SoBi account. Each bike also comes equipped with three speeds, adjustable seats, a full-sized basket for carrying an extraterrestrial friend, and front and rear lights so planes can see you should that extraterrestrial friend make you fly.
Here's how to get riding:
- Reserve a bike: You can reserve a bike on Grid Bike Share's mobile app or simply by using the bike's keypad.
- Release a bike: Punch your four-digit PIN into the keypad to unlock the bike.
- Explore: Ride around town and use the bike's "hold" feature while making quick stops. Press the "hold" button, then lock your bike to a rack. Use your four-digit PIN to unlock it later and continue riding.
- Return a bike: At the end of your trip, simply lock your bike into one of the many hub locations.