The ATV manufacturers provide frame and under carriage protection for the average trail rider. Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene has an extremely long chain of molecules, which allows for a strong bond. Polyethylene is a dependable polymer which outlasts steel, hardwoods and other plastics in wear applications. UHMW-PE is used extensively in the mining industry to protect steel in wear applications, for example, slurry piping. UHMW-PE is very low friction, giving it a slick, non-stick quality. It allows clean, uninterrupted operation/flow in dry, wet and freezing conditions. Materials pass over without adhesion and buildup. Barnacles wipe away from UHMW. SSS Off-Roads offers a cup washer to recede the bolt heads to minimize damage and keep the skip free of snags. Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMW) is a subset of the thermoplastic polyethylene. Also known as high-modulus polyethylene,(HMPE), or high-performance polyethylene (HDPE), it has extremely long chains, with a molecular mass usually between 2 and 6 million u. The longer chain serves to transfer load more effectively to the polymer backbone by strengthening intermolecular interactions. This results in a very tough material, with the highest impact strength of any thermoplastic presently made. UHMW is odorless, tasteless, and nontoxic. It is highly resistant to corrosive chemicals except oxidizing acids; has extremely low moisture absorption and a very low coefficient of friction, is self-lubricating; and is highly resistant to abrasion, in some forms being 15 times more resistant to abrasion than carbon steel. Its coefficient of friction is significantly lower than that of nylon and acetal, and is comparable to that of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE, Teflon), but UHMW has better abrasion resistance than PTFE. Its melting point is around 130 to 136 deg C (266 to 277 deg F),(6) and,according to DSM, it is not advisable to use UHMWPE fibers at temperatures exceeding 80 to 100 deg C (176 to 212 deg F) for long periods of time. It becomes brittle at temperatures below -150 deg C(-240 deg F). ALL REGIONS ALL TEMPERATURES, this is why SSS Off Road uses 100% UHMW.
- Overlap joints are designed to minimize hang-ups or tearing. UHMW outwears aluminum 9 to 1. UHMW is made to dampen road noise and gravel pinging.
- Skid plates are engineered to add structure to the machine and not to benefit the shipping of the skid plate. Made from Recycled material.
- All bends are pre-scored to ensure a clean fit. Uses all stock mounting holes for the main body of the skid plate.
- CNC cut with recessed hardware and overlap joints. Uses OEM washers for protection.
- All hardware is fully recessed ensuring that you will not snap off bolts or catch on objects. Made in USA. Version: Year 2011 - 2015.
- Model No: 1267-RZR-900-S
The Fine Print
Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.