Golf obstacles parallel life challenges and reinforce conventional wisdom that the only way to escape rough patches is through excessive clubbing. Power through impediments with today’s Groupon: for $60, you get a golf outing from Alamo City Golf Trail (up to a $130 value). The outing includes the following:
- One round of golf at Brackenridge Park Golf Course that includes the following:
- A punch card for 18 holes of golf (up to a $60 value)
- Cart fee (a $15 value)<p>
- One round of golf at Cedar Creek Golf Course that includes the following:
- A punch card for 18 holes of golf (up to a $35 value)
- Cart fee (a $15 value)
- One small bucket of range balls (a $5 value)<p>
The Alamo City Golf Trail’s Brackenridge Park and Cedar Creek courses wrap challenging holes with stately trees and scenic hill country vistas. Though Brackenridge Park plays to a shorter-than-average 6,243 yards, the course challenges golfers to weave tee shots along tree-lined fairways and read confounding greens that send putts off course with pitches, valleys, and unsettling subtexts. One of the course’s most difficult tests comes on the 14th hole, where tee shots curve around a dogleg fairway to set up risky approaches across a rock-lined brook festooned with shrubs and the gardens of overprotective bullfrogs.
The Cedar Creek course dares golfers to focus on shots amid a mesmerizing landscape painted with rolling hills, thick forests, and gripping self-portraits. Before taking the course, players can tee off on the driving range to loosen up muscles and challenge friends to long-distance putt-offs. While winding through the course’s quiet, wooded holes, golfers must play up and down dramatic elevation changes en route to firm, fast greens decked with two or more tiers and surrounded by bunkers.
Brackenridge Park at a Glance
- Par 71
- Three sets of tees
- Length of 6,243 from the back tees
- Course rating of 70.3 from the back tees
- Slope rating of 126 from the back tees<p>
Cedar Creek at a Glance
- Par 72
- Four sets of tees
- Length of 7,150 from the back tees
- Course rating of 74.1 from the back tees
- Slope rating of 131 from the back tees<p>
Both golf courses’ rates fluctuate throughout the week.