All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed January 16, 2012
Reviewed December 19, 2011
Reviewed December 18, 2011
What You'll Get
Classical music boosts listeners’ brain functions and energy levels, which is why every child should ingest a well-rounded harpsichord each morning. Treat your noggin to a mellifluous meal with today’s Groupon to Symphony Silicon Valley, which performs at the California Theatre. Choose between the following options:
- For $99, you get one orchestra- or mezzanine-level ticket to each of four concerts (up to a $246 value, including all fees).
- For $149, you get one dress-circle or grand-tier ticket to each of four concerts (up to a $326 value, including all fees).
Both options include the following concerts:
- “Mozart & Tchaikovsky,” Saturday, January 14, at 8 p.m. or Sunday, January 15, at 2:30 p.m.
- “Bach & Beethoven,” Friday, March 30, at 8 p.m.
- “Celebrating Our Tenth!,” Saturday, May 12, at 8 p.m. or Sunday, May 13, at 2:30 p.m.
- “Northern Lights,” Saturday, June 2, at 8 p.m. or Sunday, June 3, at 2:30 p.m.
The 70-piece orchestra of Symphony Silicon Valley pours the sweet and stirring sounds of classic compositions into the magnificent California Theatre, a former movie house built in 1927. Eardrums start thrumming to the strains of Mozart’s viola-rich Sinfonia Concertante and Tchaikovsky’s melodic Symphony no. 5 in the first concert of the season. In March, Maestro George Cleve returns to the program that kicked off his conducting career with a jubilant rendition of Beethoven’s Ninth, the composer’s first successful work after consigning his first eight symphonies to the garbage. The company marks 10 years of melody making with a May performance of Brahms’ Second Symphony and Bartok’s Concerto for Orchestra, which highlights each section of the orchestra in turn by forcing it to dance. Finally, summer blossoms with a program of Grieg, Rachmaninoff, and Sibelius, accompanied by the keystrokes of globetrotting young piano-whisperer Ning An.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 4, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 6/person. Redeem starting 11/21 for a ticket at Symphony Silicon Valley box office. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at Symphony Silicon Valley box office. Must provide first and last name at checkout, which will be provided to Symphony Silicon Valley. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Symphony Silicon Valley's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.