What You'll Get
Before gelato, cones were only filled with cheerleading chants and an overwhelming sense of responsibility for organizing traffic. Enjoy a conical dessert with today's Groupon to Mia Chef Gelateria. Choose from the following options:
- For $89, you get a holiday gelato-making package for one (a $189 total value), which includes:
- A two-hour holiday gelato-making class including 3 pints of take-home gelato (a $120 value)
- A gourmet-gelato-making kit (a $69 value)
- For $169, you get a holiday gelato-making package for two (a $378 total value), which includes:
- A two-hour holiday gelato-making class including 3 pints of take-home gelato apiece (a $240 value)
- Two gourmet-gelato-making kits (a $138 value)
- For $59, you get a two-hour holiday gelato-making class including 3 pints of take-home gelato (a $120 value).
The frozen foodies at Mia Chef Gelateria sling subzero sweets crafted from more than a thousand recipes, each true to the centuries-old methods of gelato alchemy. During the two-hour workshops, epicurious pupils huddle in the kempt kitchen space to learn the techniques of crafting gelato that first were perfected by Italian forebears, such as how to smoothly meld fresh flavors, use a proper amount of milk, and turn inanimate planks of wood into human children. Amid flurries of instruction, complimentary mugs of decadent italian hot ciocolata concocted by the resident chef warm wintry fingers and steam up eyeglasses for tic-tac-toe breaks. Each student wields newly gained knowledge to fashion three batches of gelato from holiday-inspired flavors such as pumpkin, apple cider, gingerbread, or peppermint, each of which they take home in pint form to share with friends or withhold from neighborhood schoolchildren. Gourmet-gelato kits lade bamboo baskets with all of the special ingredients used in class, so participants can make the glacial dessert at home.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 2, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required. Subject to availability. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Mia Chef Gelateria
Mia Academy is one of NYC’s best secret sweet spots. The academy opened in 2010 and has remained in its original location as Mia Chef Gelateria evolved and grew into one of NYC’s finest gelato makers. Trays of creamy gelato beckon from beneath glass at Mia Chef Gelateria, a dessert destination that takes pride in its inventive flavors and presentation. Centuries-old traditions and unique ingredients weave together to form a gourmet spread, from sicilian pistachio to spirit-infused fig and tequila to chocolate whiskey truffle. The gelato masters also share their art in two-hour classes, highlighted in the New York Post as well as the café's family newsletter.