A brewery, like the beach, is a relaxing oasis that allows tired travelers to bask in golden hues, frolic in frothy spumes, and get in splash fights with siblings. Savor sudsy fun with today’s Groupon: for $48, you get a Michigan craft beer and pub fare experience at Rochester Mills Beer Co. in Rochester (a $96 value). Sessions will be held twice a month on Sundays or Tuesdays between 7 p.m.–8 p.m. The package includes:
- 15-minute tour of the Rochester Mills Beer Co. brewhouse (a $15 value)
- 15-minute craft beer 101 session with a brewer (a $20 value)
- 30-minute food and beer pairing with a brewer and a chef (a $35 value)
- Full growler with a free refill when patrons return (a $21 value)
- Souvenir brewery pint glass (a $5 value)<p>
The ale aficionados at Rochester Mills Beer Co. brew 11 signature craft beers plus recurring seasonal favorites and lead guests on facility tours. A 15-minute tour of the facility introduces brewing neophytes to the entire handcrafted beer-making process, allowing peeks at beer vats, hops, and barley. During a craft beer 101 session, a brewer answers frequently asked questions, such as “How long does the brewing process take?” and “Are those clouds cumulus?” At the subsequent tasting, visitors pair selections from the brewpub’s menu with four house-made beers that may include brewery favorites such as Cornerstone IPA, Milkshake Stout, and Rochester Red Ale. Patrons take home a complimentary pint glass and fill a growler with a brew of their choice, which includes a free refill upon return.