Although corn is now a pop icon, it built its fan base through standing gigs in breakfast cereals and furtive poems published under the pseudonym C. Cob. Get a taste of the pop sensation with today’s Groupon: for $50, you get a gourmet-popcorn package at Velvet Creme Popcorn in Westwood (a $100 total value with tax). Each gourmet-popcorn package includes the following:
- Four 1-gallon bags comprising the following flavors:
- Buttered popcorn (a $3.82 value)
- Cheese popcorn (a $5.08 value)
- Caramel popcorn (a $5.57 value)
- Cinnamon popcorn (a $5.57 value)
- Five large snack bags comprising the following:
- Three 3-ounce cheese popcorn (a $9.52 value)
- One 6-ounce caramel popcorn (a $3.67 value)
- One 6-ounce cinnamon popcorn (a $3.67 value)
- One 6.5-gallon Kansas City tin of cheese, caramel, and cinnamon popcorn (a $32 value).
- One 3.25-gallon movie-night can of buttered, cheese, and caramel popcorn (a $23.25 value).
Family owned and operated since 1937, Velvet Creme Popcorn’s staff of devoted kernel craftspeople roasts gourmet flavors with traditional, hand-operated poppers. Crispy popcorn flavors including buttered, cheese, caramel, and cinnamon overflow from snack or gallon bags to be devoured by throngs of salt-lusting snackers. Decorative tins hold gallons full of flavored, popable snacks for nights of at-home movie viewing. Though not included in this offer, Velvet Creme Popcorn also runs an upstanding Snack of the Month club, where patrons can sign up to have popcorn gifts delivered worldwide to loved ones or as threats to corncob enemies.