Stylists make curly tresses sleek and straight with a keratin treatment and an optional haircut to flatter the features
What You'll Get
- Stylists apply a keratin formula to hair and then seal it with a very hot flat-iron. The heat from the iron, along with other chemicals in the keratin formula, activates a smoothing effect.
- Valid with any stylist
- Available locations:
- SOHO: 161 Lafayette Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10013
- Midtown: 31 West 46th Street, New York, NY 10036
- Kips Bay: 432 3rd Avenue, New York, NY 10016
- Cedarhurst: 121 Spruce Street, Cedarhurst, NY 11516
Some hair-straightening products that claim to be formaldehyde-free include aldehyde compounds, which are similar to the carcinogen formaldehyde. Side effects may include nosebleeds, headaches, vomiting, and respiratory problems, among others. Learn more about the health risks here.
The Fine Print
About Hair Bar NYC
Long Island, 2005: Hair Bar NYC celebrates the grand opening of their first salon location. Fast forward to 2013 and Hair Bar NYC's own product line is launched. By 2015, those products were being developed through a collaboration with American and European labs and manufacturers, resulting in a unique product line utilizing all-natural ingredients. From the formaldehyde- and glutaraldehyde-free "Silk Touch" keratin treatment to "Colors G&C," their delicately-balanced, gel cream-based hair colors, providing their own branded products has allowed Hair Bar NYC to provide clients with exclusive, high-quality services at reasonable prices.