Choose Between Two Options
- $30 for $50 worth of food and drink for two
- $69 for $100 worth of food and drink for four or more
Half Moon Bay Brewing Company
Men's Fitness lists Half Moon Bay Brewing Company as one of "America's Top 10 Craft Breweries," an accolade largely attributable to the passion of brewmaster James Costa. Boasting more than 15 years of industry experience, Mr. Costa cut his teeth with notable craft brewers, and helped develop the esteemed Racer 5 IPA for Bear Republic. However, as a quick look at the brewery's other awards and press mentions will tell you, there are plenty of reasons to come here aside from the beer.
Half Moon Bay Brewing Company has a full restaurant, where chefs use local ingredients and fresh-caught seafood to craft updated takes on classics including clam chowder, beer battered artichoke hearts and beer bread. In nice weather, meals often unfold out on the patio, which overlooks the harbor and warms patrons with fire pits. Another reason to sit outside: the patio welcomes dogs with house-made treats and restaurant dishes such as doggie chili with chicken, beans, carrots, and tomatoes.
Let's get back to that beer, though. Here's a closer look at a few of Half Moon Bay Brewing Company's signature brews:
- Amber Ale: well-balanced with a rich and malty body, this ale's big caramel flavor is strengthened by the added complexity of floral and citrus undertones (5.0% ABV)
- Calf-eine: made in collaboration with Not For Sale, a nonprofit working against human trafficking, this milk stout percolates with the added kick of medium roast cold-brewed coffee (6.3% ABV)
- Full Swing IPA: this special edition IPA is made from Mosaic, Simcoe, Citra, Galaxy, and Magnum hops, and features aromas of tropical fruit and a crisp finish (6.2% ABV)