- $29 for two tickets to the Hamburger & Hops Music Festival, two pint glasses, and two 12-oz. beers (up to $48 value)
- When: Saturday, May 3 from 11 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Where: The Collection at Riverpark
- Door time: 11 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Children under 12 are admitted free.
Hamburger & Hops Music Festival
- The hamburgers: “anything delicious you can put between two buns,” including gourmet sliders and fusion burgers
- The hops: flavoring brews from Firestone Walker Brewing Company, Island Brewing Company, Anacapa Brewing Company, Surf Brewery, and Burts Honey Wheat Beer
- Other hops: the excited little jumps people do when the music starts
- The music: courtesy of vocalist Sayed Sabrina and other to-be-announced acts
- Where you’ve seen Sayed Sabrina: opening for B.B. King and Leon Russell
- Her sound: a fusion of jazz, blues, and rock that evokes Etta James and Janis Joplin
- Check out: her rollicking take on Bill Withers’ “Use Me,” from 2013’s Life
- Work up an appetite by: playing a spirited game of bocce ball, dancing to the live music playing throughout the festival, or attempting to do both at once
California Beer Festival’s BBQ & Beer Festival
The California Blues and Beer Festival showcases some of the region's best brewers and blues-ers. Area restaurants will have food for sale, which is available to attendees of all ages at this family-friendly event. All of this makes a great complement to live entertainment from some of the best blues musicians around, whose electric guitars are powered entirely by hops.