Benjamin Franklin loved beer, as evidenced by his numerous quotes about the subject and his nickname, Beer O'Clock Benny. Follow in his footsteps with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $15 for a brewery package for two, redeemable Sunday–Thursday ($28 value)
- $30 for a brewery package for four, redeemable Sunday–Thursday ($56 value)
For each person, the package includes: * One beer flight * One souvenir pint glass
Hangar 24 Craft Brewery
After an afternoon of flying, Ben Cook looked forward to meeting his fellow pilots in hangar 24 at the Redlands Municipal Airport and swapping stories, listening to music, and sharing a few bottles of his latest homebrewed beer. These afternoons served as the inspiration for Hangar 24 Craft Brewery, which Ben founded directly across from the airport as a place where friends could unwind and enjoy a few pints of locally inspired microbrews.
Hangar 24 Craft Brewery on...
- Its most popular beers: It's a tossup between Orange Wheat, the American-style wheat beer with puréed, locally grown oranges added throughout the brewing process and the bold, hoppy Double IPA, which features locally sourced orange blossom honey and four varieties of American hops
- The importance of using locally sourced ingredients: Hangar 24 Craft Brewery describes its method as farm to foam. This means that the staff seeks out ingredients from regional producers whenever possible, such as the oranges it gets from Inland Orange Conservancy, a nonprofit co-op for local farmers. The brewery obtains its dates from Coachella Valley, spruce from the San Bernardino Mountains, pumpkins from Redlands, red wine grapes from Temecula, and apricots from the High Desert.
- Its special events: Live musicians perform every Wednesday evening, and the brewery hosts trivia nights on the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Every Friday, the staff also taps a new cask-conditioned release.
The Beer Selection
Hangar 24 Craft Brewery offers seven staples year-round—including the Orange Wheat and Double IPA—although it regularly updates its tap list as new brews become available. This list can feature seasonally inspired creations, selections from the Local Fields series of beers brewed with locally sourced ingredients, and limited-edition, barrel-aged releases. Not content to limit the focus of their selection, the brewers craft everything from German-style lagers and Belgian-style dubbels to family-friendly, non-alcoholic root beer and ginger beer.
What some people are buzzing about:
97% of 523 customers recommend
“I had a great time, place..people and the beer were GREAT. ”
“It was amazing ! Great beer great service :)”
“Had a GREAT TIME GOING AGAIN ASAP!!”