Golf-club designers often consult aerospace engineers to fulfill dreams of experimental-alloy drivers and converting the solar system into a nine-hole executive course. Take your game to the next frontier with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $32 for an 18-hole round of golf for two including cart rental and one shared bucket of 70 range balls (up to a $69 value), valid Monday–Friday
- $44 for an 18-hole round of golf for two including cart rental and one shared bucket of 70 range balls (up to an $89 value), valid Saturday and Sunday.
Tee times can be scheduled anytime after 11 a.m. on any day.
Hanging Rock Golf Club
Perched on hilltops that overlook the scenic Roanoke Valley, Hanging Rock Golf Club's 18-hole course surfs the mountainside for 6,602 yards of challenging course conditions. Rising peaks cast shadows across the course's emerald fairways as undulating terrain places a high premium on club selection, confident swings, and 9-irons impervious to motion sickness. The course's signature hole, the par-4 fifth, showcases the inventive designs of architect Russell Breeden as golfers can pen their own pin-hunting tale by playing to a two-tiered green stationed boldly uphill, a tricky layout that emphasizes accurate approach shots and putters that don't sweat under pressure. To help prepare players for upcoming rounds, resident ace Chip Sullivan conducts private lessons and runs golf academies for birdie seekers of all stripes.
Course at a Glance:
- Designed by Russell Breeden
- 18-hole, par-72 course
- Length of 6,602 yards from farthest tees
- Course rating of 72.0 from farthest tees
- Slope rating of 137 from farthest tees
- Four tee options
- See the scorecard