Guests can make their way through a haunted house located at an old military base, which is believed to have had a mysterious purpose
About This Deal
- Indoor event
- Valid dates:
- Sunday, October 25 at 8:30 p.m., 9 p.m., 9:30 p.m., or 10 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 28 at 8:30 p.m., 9 p.m., 9:30 p.m., or 10 p.m.
- Thursday, October 29 at 8:30 p.m., 9 p.m., 9:30 p.m., or 10 p.m.
- Saturday, November 7 at 8:30 p.m., 9 p.m., 9:30 p.m., or 10 p.m.
- Restrictions: valid only for purchased date and time. No walk-ins will be permitted. Masks are required.
- Other onsite attractions: OUTBREAK!, Escape Labs MISSION Z (currently closed)
Need To Know
About Hangman's House of Horrors
The legend began in the 1880s, when Hezekiah Jones, the "Hangman," narrowly escaped his own bloodied noose. Angered and seeking vengeance, he traveled across Fort Worth, leaving a trail of victims to the doorstep of his home near Meacham Boulevard and Blue Mound Road. The 40,000 square foot, two-story, century-old vacant government facility was operated by the U.S. military during WWI under the guise of a helium production plant. The rumors that abounded, though, were that the facility hosted black ops experimental training and research in mind control and mental programming. The Hangman recreated the facility to train his own force of minions to drag victims back to his tree to meet the fate he so narrowly escaped.
Visitors to Hangman's House of Horrors keep an eye out for Jones as they creep up dimly lit stairways, dodge more than 100 souls lurking in the shadows, and seek his advice on tying a proper square knot. The scream center has been featured on the Travel Channel's list of scariest Halloween attractions and named one of north Texas's scariest haunted attractions by NBC 5. Apart from the legend, Hangman's House of Horrors’ success is due to the hard work of more than 1,000 annual volunteers who redesign more than half of the house to fit the yearly theme. Hangman's also hosts cosplay tutorial events during which the haunted house's special-effects masters relay tips and tricks accumulated in over 30 years of professional makeup and costume experience.