Bring along your favorite student loan officer, childhood friend, or public menace Spider-Man to take advantage of today's double-sandwich deal: $9 gets you any two sandwiches at Hannah's Bretzel on Michigan Avenue (up to a $21 value, including tax). Use your extra sandwich as a savory salutation or as an excuse to invite a cute coworker to lunch. Meet your sweetie for an afternoon love affair with the perfectly chewy and subtly seasoned goodness. Bring your mooching boss a succulent sandwich and bargain for a raise and a title upgrade to Senior Best Ever. Open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Hannah's Bretzel is a convenient lunch spot for dine in or carry out.
Hannah’s tantalizing menu offers gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian options alongside meaty, glutinous fare. Try the Italian Parma Ham (with fresh goat cheese, organic baby arugula, rosemary infused asparagus on a bretzel baguette, 430 calories; $8.99) or quell your anticipatory turkey fever with the Thanksgiving 365 (free-range smoked turkey, Brie, romaine, and a cranberry chutney on a whole-grain baguette, 450 calories; $8.19). Load up on gourmet garden treats with the Vegetable Bomb (sliced cucumbers, vine tomatoes, avocado, onions, alfalfa sprouts, watercress, and arugula with vinaigrette on a whole-grain baguette, 410 calories; $7.99), or try the Wild Alaska-Smoked Salmon (organic vine tomatoes, organic onions, organic alfalfa sprouts, sliced cucumbers and a dill crème fraiche, 320 calories; $9.49).
Hannah's sandwich artists, versed in the German tradition of bretzel baking, will build your savory sandwich from the doughy bread, slicing your cold cuts as thin as a mail carrier’s excuses. In the mostly organic hands of your friendly sandwich-makers, your mostly organic sandwich will take shape before your eyes. In the artisans that prepare your sandwich, the quick precision of a robot and the diligence of your fifth-grade Latin teacher combine to ensure that you can fit a healthy meal into your hectic workday.
Note: You must get both of your sandwiches during the same visit.
- Everything I've tried here is fresh, delicious, and filling. My favorite sandwich is the Vegetable Bomb. It gives you a serious serving of veggies, but still lets you carb-up on the yummy bread. You feel like you've eaten something healthy and satisfying. –Melissa R., Yelp
- I walked in right at noon, and although the line had doubled back to the store entrance, I was through in less than four minutes. The guys on sandwich detail are rapid, unstoppable machines. – David R., Yelp
- Excellent organic sandwiches. Breads and meats are fantastic. HB has amazing spreads and chutneys that are NOT your ordinary mustard and mayo. – Nicholas D., Yelp
- Simple types will be pleased with Hannah's whole grain bretzel, which pairs exceptionally well with Hannah's Bionaturae preserves or olive oil and Parma ham...thick, chewy, thin and crunchy-all at once! – Stacy Warden, Centerstage Chicago
Robot Teachers, Human Students
Combining robot-like precision with the caring warmth of an elementary school teacher, the artisans at Hannah’s create the diligently crafted sandwiches of today’s Groupon. Soon, however, robots and teachers will be one and the same since most schools are replacing traditional human teachers with highly advanced education-droids. Here is what tomorrow’s schoolchildren can look forward to, thanks to teacher-bots:
- Letter grades will be replaced with bar-code grades.
- Red ink is to be strenuously avoided because it causes robots to attack humans.
- All science-fair projects will be deemed puny.
- Teacher-of-the-Year Awards will devolve into anarchic robot-supremacy movement.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.